As some of you may have figured out, .doc files may not be opening with OpenOffice this year. Kevin & Co. are not able to remotely fix this, but it is something that you can easily fix for yourself. Here’s how:
- Locate a file on your computer with the .doc extension.
- Hold down the Control Key (ctrl) on your keyboard and click on the document with your mouse. A pop-up menu will appear.
Note: If it doesn’t appear try clicking your mouse a little faster and be careful not to move the mouse when clicking.
- Click on Get Info.
- Click on the triangle to the left of the words “Open with” so it is pointing downward
- Click on the drop down button, select OpenOffice.org
- Click the Change All button.
- Click the Continue button
- Close the Get Info window
It should now open with OpenOffice.